For my first round of One3one, I was mostly concerned about the scale because I had a trip to Cuba coming up. This time around, I don’t really care about how much weight I lose, (although another 10lbs would be kind of cool). This time around, I really want to focus on my fitness and so my main goal is fitness related instead of weight related.
So here it is: by the end of this 12 week cycle, I will run a sub-30 min 5k. Running has been a part of my life for 10 years now, but I’ve never really committed myself to getting better at it per se. It was always just about conquering the distance. A good 5K for me pre-weight loss would be about 32:30 so shaving 2 minutes and 31 seconds off my time should be doable with a little focus and dedication. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself right now. I’ll let you know how it goes!
Part of the One3one process is to complete an initial assessment at the beginning of each round. As I reviewed the key components of my life, I was blown away with how much things have changed. Improvements include but are not limited to:
- Sleep quality: falling asleep so much more easily and sleeping through the night. I used to be the worst waker-upper ever (<– technical term) and while I’m not bouncing out of bed every morning, I’m also not hitting the snooze button 15 times (not exaggerating)
- Mental Clarity and Focus: Gone are the days of the afternoon fog. I can power through any work day easy peasy.
- Skin: I no longer need the beauty filter on my selfie camera and actually to be honest, I stopped wearing make up…a little tinted moisturizer and translucent powder and I’m good to go!
- Cravings: Gone! One3one helped me understand why we have cravings and how to eliminate them.
- Mood: Sickeningly happy most of the time ‘cuz life is still gonna life you from time to time.